Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

July 16, 2024

            Good morning to one and all, and happy birthday to My favorite wife. We do have a plan for this morning and it is to get to the restaurant on time for breakfast. We will be meeting some friends there for a breakfast celebration of my favorite wife's "75 birthday".

            Let's review yesterday: I did get our yard man Alex to come over and mow the front yard, pull weeds from a flower bed, and trim the back yard. only parts of the back 40 need to be mowed so I might do that this week.

            A neighbor and good friend came to the Ford homestead yesterday with a present for my favorite wife, and they also brought a Rum Cake. I think this was the first time that I have eaten Rum Cake, and it is extremely good. When you have a piece, you then want another piece, it is that good!

            Uninteresting news: my favorite wife's cell phone has started receiving emails again. We were sitting outside yesterday afternoon when the phone made a noise and she checked it to see what was going on, she had a bunch of emails. This morning, she checked it again and it has more emails on it.

            We talk about kids and adults looking at their phones all the time and they do, but we the people who don't look that often at the phones, still rely on them a lot. When something stops working it is very irritating to us, so we are in some ways like the people we talk about, who look at their phones all the time. Not doing what you normally do, can be very irritating.

            Let's see if I have a photo that I can present to you. First, we have a cross that my favorite wife had purchased and I located it on the post of the front porch.


            Then we have a photo of another flower, this flower produces both pink blooms and white blooms with a yellow center.


            I have this morning watered the berry bushes and the flower pots out back, wow to much work for an ole senior person.

            Well, I need to get dressed for the breakfast birthday meal. We hope you have a good day, and please stay safe in all you do.

Breakfast. 😊

Senior ole person who must be hungry, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: