Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2024

July 6, 2024

            Wow, we made it back to Saturday again, how did that week get by so fast. It seems funny to me, for an ole person like me the day itself seems long and boring, but when Sat-all- day gets here, it seems as if the week flew by. I guess when Sat-all-day gets here, ole people don’t remember the boring long days with nothing interesting to do.

            Let me see what I can remember about Friday. I watered all the flowers in pots early that morning, my favorite wife went to town and purchased a couple items, heck she even bought me three shirts, you know the pullover kind with a pocket. She made homemade chicken noodle soup, and it was very good, even better than usual.

Alex and I enjoyed the soup for our lunch, after he got done mowing and trimming the yard.

My favorite wife and I did get to wash the dog later in the afternoon, you know, before time to sit outside at happy time. Speaking of happy time, two of our friends came and conversed with us. We always enjoy having a friend or two drop by, especially during the outside time.

While we were sitting outside the weather changed, the wind began blowing and I do mean blowing hard, the temperature dropped considerably as we sat there, and the rain started as the front passed through. We had talked about going to the front porch if the rain was heavy. When the rain began, it was at a rate of about 10-inch per hour. Luckly, we did not need to go to the front porch, drops of rain that are 10 inches apart on the driveway was considered as ok.

            Since we did not get a decent rain yesterday, I did allow the sprinkler system to run this morning. They are now saying that the temps this week will be in the low 90s and we may get rain from the Hurricane that is in the Golf.

            Today's plans: do the usual Saturday things, nothing new for today, it has been so hot and dry, I might check the flowerpots and see if they need watering again. Speaking of flowers, I have another photo of the fence behind the shed. The vines and blooms are morning glories.


            Wait a minute that is a photo from the Daves family vacation to Yellowstone Park this year. The next photo is of the fence behind the shed.

 


            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day, and as always, please be safe in all you do.

Do nothing Sat-all-day.

Senior ole person who would like something interesting to do, Don the Ford

 

No comments: