Translate

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

June 5, 2024

            I would like to say good morning to you but, so far it hasn’t been that good. At about 6:30 the power blinked and then it went off for 3 hours. I was getting ready to take a shower when the blink occurred, so I thought the power might go off while I am in the shower, so I stationed a battery powered light in the shower room and left it on. Yep, while I was in the shower the power went off, but my battery powered light was lighting the room adequately.

            I got calls from others in the neighborhood asking if we had power. This is the 4th power outage we have had in 2 weeks. I was about to get the generator out and start it up when the power came on. 3 hours seems to be a long time when you don’t have power.

            Question: do we save money when the power is off?

            After the power came back on my wife headed out to get some groceries, and I went to the gas station to get some gas for the generator, I also got a breakfast burrito form my enjoyment on the way home from the gas station.

            We have almost an inch of rain in the free rain gage this morning.

            Yesterday: I did get the front yard mowed and trimmed, I did pick the black berries, I should note that the birds are helping themselves to the black berries. Speaking of birds, one of the baby birds in the nest under the car port was out of the nest but not on the ground. We saw it flapping its wings as if it was practicing flying.

            I have a photo of a bloom and it is different from the other blooms.


            This bloom is on a Plumeria of which we have 5 potted plants. This is the first bloom for us on the Plumeria this year.

            I don’t have any real plans for today, I will get Dave from work. If it had not rained, I might have mowed the back 40. I was going to call the city and ask them to do something about the standing water in the ditch behind the house, but now that it rained the water is not standing any more.

            I guess that is all for now, we hope you have a very good day and please be safe in all you do.

From bad start to good day!

Senior ole person who needs a nap, or maybe lunch, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: