Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2024

June 20, 2024

            Good Morning to you, Good Morning to me, Good Morning to us. We did get a little rain yesterday; it was more of a sprinkle than rain.

            Yesterday’s events: if you had read my Wednesday morning posting, you might have known that I proposed the possibility of weed eating the other side of the ditch behind our house. Well, the clouds were covering the sun, and it wasn’t too awfully hot, so I went and got the new string trimmer from the Ford’s ole shed, checked the oil, (it’s a 4-cycle) added gas and began the process. I have a photo taken before starting the cutting.


            Now, looking at that photo you can see a small amount of the area that needed to be trimmed, and you might see a full-grown possum coming up the ditch toward me. This animal was within about 50 feet of me before he realized I was there, then he turned and went back down the ditch. I have an after photo and the possum is not in it.


            Once I had finished and attempted to get the grass and weeds off my ole body, I wondered, “why didn’t I put on dirty clothes to do this filthy work instead of clean clothes?” I did get a shower before having lunch and then resting for a long time.

            The new string trimmer worked well; I did have to fill the gas tank up a second time to complete the work. With the ruts and mud in the ditch, it is difficult for an ole retired person to cut the weeds down. I would be standing there, trimmer running, when I would notice that I felt unlevel, I then looked down and one foot would be sinking into the mud, that I thought was solid dirt.

            That is all the real work I did yesterday, my favorite wife and I did sit outside on the front porch yesterday afternoon, it was sprinkling a little, and the neighborhood was very quiet.

            My little plan for today’s work will be, pick up sticks and debris from the front yard, pull some unwanted plants from the Jasmin, and clean the air filter on the walk behind mower. The walk behind mower is at least 10 years old, and I have been having problems getting it started. I hope I don’t need to purchase a new mower.

            I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a very good day and please be nice to all ole people, along with, stay safe in all you do.

Possum or Opossum?

Senior ole person says happy beginning to summer today, Don the Ford

 

No comments: