Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

May 28, 2024

            Good morning to you all, this morning is starting out good but might change in a short while. The weather people are predicting the storms up near Dallas might come down here, and they are also saying we will likely get severe storms this evening after 8:00pm. Wow, just what we do not need.

            Yesterday, also known as Monday, and known as a holiday, was mostly a rest filled day for us. We did drive to the Wally store and purchase one item, I did harvest the black berries, I did go through the cabinets here in the Fords ole office wanting to see what I had not seen for years. I got my amateur radio walkie talkies out and charged them. I guess I should note my amateur license expired last July, and I was unaware of that. They use to send a message alerting you to the need to renew but I did not get one last July.

            I found our first digital camera, still seemingly in good shape. I remember we were on vacation in Colorado on a train going to Silverton and I took a couple photos and everyone was surprised that I could take photos without film, and then look at the digital photos. I was the cool guy on the train.

            I also found my first GPS device. This unit was battery powered so it was portable and I used it when riding on the motorcycle. Now you would down load the info to the unit of the area you would be riding in and it would show you where you were and where to go. If you went outside the area that you had loaded on the unit it would stop working, and yes if memory serves me, you needed a computer to down load to the unit.

            I also found a ZUNE, and I know you don’t know what a Zune is, so I will attempt to enlighten. It was made by Microsoft, you could put photos, videos and music on it, and it has ear phones so you can listen to the music.

            I found many other things but I did not find the windup weather radio that I was looking for. My favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon, it was hot but the humidity seemed to be a little lower than it has been.

            I guess I will stop for now, our favorite grandson is here, he is almost as tall as me, so I will see if he wants to do some weed trimming at the ditch this morning. We hope you have a good day, please stay safe in all you do, and be nice to at least one person today.

Finder of ole items.

Senior ole person who needs to get going, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: