Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2024

May 19, 2024

            We are starting another day, and we say good morning to you and even to that other person, you know who I mean. We hope your day is starting off very nice. We did not have rain yesterday and I don’t think we are supposed to have rain today.

            Let’s see what the Don was allowed to do yesterday. My favorite wife allowed me to take her into Waco for a lunch sandwich. After the lunch we went to the Harbor store where I bought some wire ties and received a couple free small flashlights. We did not stop at the cheap store yesterday, we just headed for home.

            After returning home I sat around and even took a nap for a while, eventually I decided to get up and do something. I went to the front porch and repositioned the new camera by moving it about 18 inches. I viewed the monitor after dark and the night light from the camera was much better. Then I went into the garage to see if I could repair the drawer that I had built possibly 15 years ago which seemed to be broken. The drawer is a part of my work bench. Once opened, the drawer would not go back into the shut position. A drawer that old might need some loving care from its maker, “the Don”! Photo of the drawer to follow, yes, I took a photo.

                                             
            The drawer is large, and I had a lot of stuff in it which was heavy. Yes, I made the chair that the drawer is sitting on. Once I had emptied the drawer and removed the drawer from the work bench, I found that it was not broken. Under the drawer I keep a toolbox that I had made many years ago which has a saw, several large and small hammers and mallets in it. One of the hammers somehow was standing up and the end of the handle was against the bottom of the ole drawer, which stop the drawer from being closed. So, I did not need to repair the drawer, but I did clean it out.

            That done and after I cooled off, (it was hot outside) I suggested that we go to the Wally store and get a dog lead for our pot hound Tres along with some weed killer. My favorite wife was willing to join me in this venture, were we procured both items and then safely returned home.

            Back at home we both went outside and rested from all the stressful shopping and driving.  A little while later, a neighbor lady, who has lived on the block almost as long as we have, stopped by for a visit. It is always nice to have a friend stop by and talk. 

            What plans do I have for today, none, so we will see what happens. We hope your day is full of goodness and as always, please stay safe in all you do.           

Wood worker extraordinary!

Senior ole person who might, and he might not, who knows, Don the Ford   

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: