Translate

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

May 22, 2024

            I want to wish you a Good Morning before the bad weather arrives. Yep, they are predicting storms with hail and floods this afternoon and into the night.

            Today I will need to be on an odd schedule when picking up the kids from school. Gabi gets out at 12:35 but Alex doesn’t get out until 3:55. As you can see, I will need to make two trips to retrieve the grandkids. I have no idea what time Dave will get off work, there is a holiday coming up and the stores usually stock up ahead of time.

            Let’s see if I did anything yesterday; nope I did almost nothing in preparation for the coming rain and storms, although I did mow the front yard early morning as I was attempting to beat the heat. I was sweating profusely at the end of the mowing and trimming, but the yard does look good.

            About 1:00pm yesterday I decided I wanted to go outside to the front porch and do some reading. It did not take long for me and the Tres to decide sitting outside in the heat and humidity without a breeze was not a good idea.

            I did pick the black berries yesterday and I got a bunch, I am sure there was a couple quarts, and there was a bunch that were mostly black that I need to harvest today. after that harvesting process, I did little or nothing until I went to pick up Dave and the kids.

            I was able to get the kids home safely and returning to the Ford’s homestead my favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while. Yes, it was hot and yes, I did have the fan blowing air on us.

            Did I have shrimp for supper yesterday, yep, I did. Well, I guess I will attempt to stop for now, we hope your day is fun and safe. Try to be nice to that one person today we both know that one person could use some love and kindness.

Harvester the Don.

Senior ole retired person on an altered schedule, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: