Translate

Monday, May 27, 2024

May 27, 2024

            It is Memorial Day, take a minute to think about those who lost their lives in wars.

            We wish you a good morning and we hope you have a good safe day.

            I have a couple photos to post, one is showing the beginnings of pecans on the Ford’s pecan tree, while the other is showing the sun trying to get through the clouds.



           
 You are correct, I am a good photographer who needs a phone with a better camera.

            Sunday started out a little odd, we had decided to go to the cracker store and have breakfast / lunch, but when we arrived there was too many people waiting outside so we new the inside was full. We did not stop there, so we went to the Bush chicken place and got chicken to take home with us for lunch.

            At some point I decided to work on my fan project, I do have the test version completed and I hope to improve the process on the next version. After all the grueling fan work, it was decided that we would wash the dog and after that washing I would harvest more black berries. The dog got washed and I got stuck many times. I go to the skin doctor this week and she will likely want to know why my hand and arms look like they do.

            I have often noted that the black berry bushes try to grab you when you are picking the berries, that statement was true yesterday. The wind was blowing and the parts of the bushes that hang out of the bed were moving back and forth, ouch!

            I should note that I decided to mow the front yard after washing the dog, and it looks good, even if I say so myself. 

            All the work completed we did sit outside and the neighbors from across the street came over and sat with us. Heck it was almost 8:00 when we went back into the house.

            All in all, we had a good day and even had friends to chat with. Yes, there are still a few people who consider us ole senior people as friends.

            I will stop for now, have a good day, and please be safe in all you do.

Memorial Day!

Senior ole person who don’t plan to do much today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: