Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2024

May 25, 2024

            I would like to wish everyone a good morning, and say we did not get the storms yesterday that they had predicted. Now I did little or nothing yesterday, and as usual, I will tell you all about nothing.

            Allow me to start off with, “we keep all of you in our prayers”!

            If anyone has been reading the silly posting of mine, they would know that we have had power outages at the ford homestead twice this week, one occurred during a storm and it was dark at that time, the last one during day light hours lasting 4.5 hours. Having no way to get the weather reports I decided to find a way to be able to watch a TV during the black out. I thought about a battery backup system that could keep the security cameras going and the TV on my desk. I have been shopping for a battery backup but have not decided on a particular system.

            On the same subject, “black out”, I being a silly grandpa came up with another idea. Now I did find a way to power up the 24-inch TV on my ole desk without making an additional purchase, which is good for us as we have no additional funding. Heck, I thought someone would ask, “what did the Don find to power up the 24-inch TV.” I guess no one is reading this posting, darn it, that hurts.

Even though you did not ask I am going to tell you anyway, “I use the HALO! The Halo is a battery jumper device to jumpstart vehicles, and it does other things such as, it is a light, you can charge cell phones and other devices that use the USB connector, and it has a 120-volt outlet that you can plug items like a light, a fan or a small TV into. (I did not try it on the large TV.)

Now, if the power goes out, I can get a Halo from either of our vehicles, yes, we have one in each vehicle, and power up the TV to see the weather reports. I did power up the 24-inch TV on my desk for a little more than an hour and used half of the power from the Halo.

What did the Don do other than that yesterday: I did go out to the black berry beds and harvested black berries to the tune of 3 full quarts. I did get the kids home from school safely, on their last half day. I did allow Tres to take me for a walk. We did sit outside with a couple neighbors yesterday, we had the large fan blowing air as it was extremally hot and humid. I don’t remember anything else that I did that might be interesting.

Today: right now, I assume we may be on a normal Saturday schedule.

Well, I guess I will stop entering data for now and wish you all a good day and as always please be safe I all you do.

black out!

Senior ole person on a normal Saturday schedule, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: