Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2024

May 26, 2024

            We have made it to Sunday again and there are storms and rain in the area. Even though there is a chance of bad weather, we want to wish you a good morning.

            To start off with I have a photo which was taken yesterday afternoon when my favorite wife and I was sitting outside in the extreme heat. Extreme heat in this setting means, 96 degrees with very little breeze. So, we had the big fan running to provide a little comfort.


            As we sat outside yesterday, I was allowed to water the flowers in the pots in both front and back yards. It wasn’t too stressful for this ole senior person.

            I wish I had something to present to you that I haven’t already presented, but I don’t. Wait a minute, I have one silly thing to present and that is I plan to make a couple hand fans. Now a hand fan can look like anything one wants, and I have a photo of one I made several years ago.


            Now some one might ask why you would make a fan. I would answer, “cause I want to make a fan”! Actually, it can be fun deciding what one will put on the fan, and as you can see, that one has an alien on it, the ones I hope to make will have me on them. If I am able to make the fans, I will obviously post a photo, for my enjoyment, and I know you will want one. I did go to the store yesterday to get the poster material which I use for the fan. I use wooden paint stir paddles for the handle.

            In the olden days when I was, “a children”, the church we went to, more than 70 years ago, did not have air conditioning, and everyone had hand fans, with religious pictures on them, to help stay cool while listening to the minister, we called them preachers in the olden days. I guess that is where I developed the need for a hand fan.

            I have no plans for this Sunday, and my favorite wife has not yet informed me as to what I might do. I do need to replace the air filter in the air conditioner, that could take up to a hole minute of my day.

            I can hear thunder in the area but as of yet we have not seen the rain or storms. Maybe we will be lucky again today and stay safe and dry.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good and safe day, please be nice to all the ole people, we need it. 

 Hand Fan Designer.

Senior ole person who hopes this thunder goes away, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: