Translate

Monday, May 20, 2024

May 20, 2024

            It seems like another good morning here at the Ford Homestead, so we wish you a Good Morning! I will attempt to keep this posting short as we did very little yesterday.

            We did not go out for lunch, yep, we had food cooked at home. I did pick the black berries and we got a good amount again; I did identify most of the berry plants that are new this year, some of which are taller them me. I do have a photo which I will attempt to post, and it is of a surprise new plant which has blooms on it. I am picking berries daily and I have a new plant with blooms, that seems odd to me.


            Later in the afternoon my favorite wife suggested I move the bags of potting soil which were by the flowerpots at the car port, so she could rearrange the flowerpots at the car port. I did move the bags and they were heavy.

            We were sitting outside attempting to enjoy the excessive heat and humidity, when my favorite wife noted the flowers in the pots need to be watered. The sun was still shining on those near the car port and in the back 40, but the front yard was in shade, so I got out of my chair and watered the pots in the front yard.

            Finally, I was able to get back in my chair and procure an adult beverage. It takes about 30 minutes for me to sip through my adult beverage, if you take your time drinking you can enjoy it more, then I noticed that the sun had moved away from the potted plants, so I went out back and started watering all the flower potted plants. This took a while.

When I was watering, my favorite wife did move the flowerpots near the car port into different positions.

            Returning to my chair I noticed that I had completed my drink, so I was allowed to get another. 30 minutes later we headed into the house where I had left-overs from lunch for supper and they were still very good. That was yesterday.

            Today: I hope to be able to get the back 40 mowed early this morning attempting to be the heat, and yes, I will need to do it myself.

This is the last week of school for the grand kids, and they will have an odd schedule as some days Gabi will have half a day, but Alex will have a full day.

That is it for now, we hope you have a good day and please be safe in all you do.

Berry harvester.

Senior ole person who needs to mow the back 40 today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: