Translate

Friday, May 24, 2024

May 24, 2024

            This posting is for you only, and it is not for those other people, I suggest that the other people should stop reading now and allow me to communicate with you only, alone.

Now the reason I ask for them all to leave is, I know they don’t like it when I talk about the things I do during the day, and I know you do like to read about my activities. Our schedule was kind of normal yesterday with picking up the grand kids from school, but other than that it was not normal. The power went off at the Ford’s homestead about 11:30am and stayed off until a little after 4:00pm. I had decided as I drove home from dropping Alex off, that I would start the generator as soon as I got home and power up the two refrigerators and deep freeze.

Arriving at home my wife was still sitting in the garage as it was more comfortable than being in a dark and hot house. I got out of the truck and walked over to where she was sitting and I saw the light in the garage was on. I asked, how long has the power been on? She looked at the light and said it must have just come on, it wasn’t on a couple minutes ago when I looked at the light.

We decided to go out for supper and allow the house to cool off while we were gone. We went to the George restaurant and enjoyed a nice meal and about the time we were getting ready to leave our phone went off telling us to take cover that we were under a tornado warning. Wow, we had storms and heavy rain during the day and now a tornado warning. We left the restaurant and it was starting to rain. Looking at the sky we did not see any thing other than light clouds, so we drove home. The warning sirens in Hewitt were going off as we drove. Back at home safe, we watched the weather man pointing out where the tornado was. It was too the south of us, I thanked God this one missed us.  

After all we had gone through yesterday, the rain and storms, we are looking for more storms and rain this afternoon. By the way, we have 4.5 inches of water in the Ford’s ole free rain gage.


             I need to empty the rain gage because it will probably be over filled when we get the storms this afternoon.

            I also need to harvest the black berries this morning, I did not harvest any yesterday do to all the rain and storms. 

            I am glad that you and I had this time together with out all those other people, I hope you have a good day and as always be safe in all you do.

Berry picker.

Senior ole person who should do something before the storms, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: