Translate

Sunday, September 8, 2024

September 8, 2024

            It is a good Sunday morning, the pot hound Tres and I have ventured out to the front yard early this morning, and it was cool outside. It was 59 degrees and it felt very good, so we wish you all a cool good morning.

            Review of yesterday’s events: I will attempt to provide this information in a chronological order, for that one person, in other words, what happen first, second and so on.

            I finished reading from the bible about 10:30am so my favorite wife suggested we leave early. We were going to go to the Wally World pharmacy and see if we could get the Flu shot and the new covid shot. They took our info and we had to fill out a form then they gave us the shots. Yes, we got both shots, one in each arm. The lady who gave us the shots said they had received 100 of the covid shots, so we were glad we went there early.

            Shot in both arms, we headed into Waco for the lunch sandwich. I paid the lady with the exact change, she seemed to appreciate that. Lunch was good then we headed to the cheap store.

            We both looked around trying to see if there was anything we needed, or just wanted. My favorite wife found a box of decaf coffee, as I had drank the last one that morning. I don’t know why I drink the decaf coffee; it doesn’t do anything for me. We looked around and I did not find anything I could not do without. My favorite wife found a solar powered light that can be used as a motion detecting device, it is really bright, or it can come on ant night and go off in the day light. We tested it last night and we will install it as a motion detecting device. 

            Shopping over we headed for home where I played with the new light for a while then I took a well-deserved nap.

             Nap over I went to the back 40, as my favorite wife had suggested that the back 40 needed to be mowed.

Prep for mowing: Now I had removed sticks from the back 40 the day before, but with all the wind we have been having, there were more that I had to remove. Then I removed the Poopa-Loopa and rolled the water hose up. I then checked the air in the riding mowers tires and added air where needed. I checked the oil and added gas.

Mowing the back 40: I was then able to get on the mower and begin riding back and forth until the grass was mowed down.

Weed eating the back 40: I then got the four-cycle trimmer and began the trimming. This trimmer works well but if you turn it the wrong way it can burn your arm. Other than that it is a good trimmer.

I have learned that it takes about one third of my time to do each of the above categories when working in the back 40.

My old body tired, I set up for the washing of the pot hound Tres. For some reason he tried to avoid us but we finally got him washed and rinsed.

We then headed for the house where I made and adult drink and headed for the chair on the drive way, while my favorite wife headed for the swing. It was a nice afternoon once the work was completed.

Well, I guess I should stop and get ready to go to the cracker store for lunch, we hope you have a good day, and please stay safe in all you do.

Worked too hard.

Senior ole retired person who can still do some work, but not a lot, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: