Translate

Monday, September 16, 2024

September 16, 2024

            We would like to wish everyone a very good morning. Did you notice that I added the word “very”, to the good morning? What, you didn’t notice, then you do not need to know why it is a very good morning.

            Tres and I went out front this morning as usual to review the front yard when we noticed our neighbor across the street from us putting his trash can out, yep, it is trash day. We wished him a good morning, and he responded with it is a good morning. He noted that we got ¾ inch of rain yesterday, in the surprise rain. I said I had not checked my rain gage yet.

¾ inch of rain in the free rain gage makes it a very good morning.

I did get a photo of a rabbit in the street before the sun came up.


            I didn’t say it was a good photo.

Yesterday’s report: we did very little. We did go to the cracker store for breakfast. The food and service were good. We stopped at Wally world as my favorite wife wanted to get some batteries for her CD player. Battery bought we headed for home. Back at home I rested for a while when my wife discovered that the CD player did not use “D” batteries, it used “C” batteries. Darn it we would need to go to the store again.

This time we went to the HEB and found a parking space not too far from the door. My favorite wife went in and left me sitting in the Ford’s ole Chevy all alone while she shopped. She was able to get the “C” batteries, and we returned home, where I again reclined in the Fords ole worn out recliner attempting to sleep.

After the short nap I felt like I needed to do something other than sit there so I decided to do my daily bible reading. It was very hot outside, but I decided to go out on the front porch and read. I did take the battery powered fan and sat it up so it would blow on me, I put it in low and it felt like I was sitting in front of and electric heater blowing the heat on me. I changed the speed to high and that help some, at least I was able to endure the heat with the fan on high. I did get my daily reading completed.

Later in the day my favorite wife and I went outside to sit, even though it was very hot. we had the big fan on and that helped, as there was little breeze. We sat outside as usual for about 1.5 hours, and during that “time out period”, there were clouds that came and went. I have a photo of my wife while we were sitting outside.


            You may have noticed she was not paying any attention to me; she was looking at the phone. Did you see she has two sets of glasses on.

I checked the weather bug on the phone and there was rain in the area, but it was going around us. When it was time for us to go in, I checked the weather again and it showed rain coming. We put things away and went into the house. It was just a few minutes later when it started to rain, and as you know, we got a very good rain, “3/4” inch.

I guess that is it for now, I need to go get Alex and take him to school. We hope you have a good day and please stay safe in all you do.

¾ inch of rain, very good!

Senior ole person who got Alex to school safe and on time, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: