Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2024

September 5, 2024

            I think it will be a good morning, even though it is still dark outside. My pot hound Tres and I go out the front door each morning to allow him to research the front yard. This all started when we use to get a newspaper. Tres and I would go out, he would check the front yard out and when it was time to go back inside, he would get the newspaper and bring it into the house and place it on, or at, My favorite wife’s chair. We no longer get a newspaper but we still go outside each morning.

            This morning Molly the cat came to me as usual when we go outside, wanting to get her back rubbed. After some rubbing, she often goes across the street to the neighbor’s yard. This morning after she had crossed the street Tres began to look down the street, which caught my attention so I looked down the street. Since it was still dark, I reached for my flash light and that is when we see a cat coming up the street quickly, we assumed to fight with Molly. The light seemed to distract the other cat, and Tres was also a distraction to the cat. Well, molly came home and the other cat went back down the street. 

            Yesterday in review: after our morning breakfast with Dave, we returned home where I did little until about noon. I then decided to go into Waco and get the tag for the wife’s van. I also got gas for the truck and in the gas can for the mowers, and I purchased some stabilizer for the gas in the can. Back home I watched the TV about the killing at the school. Why would a 14-year-old boy do something like that, and how did he get the gun?

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon, the weather was good and there was a good breeze. I had leftovers for supper last night and I could not find anything on TV that I wanted to watch.

            Plans for today: do nothing after taking Alex to school, and then go to the freshmen football game at 5:00pm. They are predicting rain about that time so we might get wet at the game. Speaking of the game, we have to pay $4.00 each for tickets to get in to see the game, and we buy them on line, which adds about $2.50 as a service charge. I will see if we can buy them at the stadium and save the service charge. 

            Well, I guess I should stop for now, we hope you have a good day, and as always, please stay safe in all you do.

Freshman football.

Senior ole person who is going to the game but not out to supper, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: