Translate

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

September 18, 2024

            Good morning, did you see the full moon, it is a little closer to the earth and it looks very large.

            Tres and I went out front as usual this morning about 6:30am, were we talked with a neighbor from across the street. Our neighbor was carrying out some recycle items and was going to move the recycle bin to the curb when he remembered that it was not recycle day. He and I did talk across the street to each other, he asked if I knew the light over the garage door was out, I said I did, and I need to get a new bulb.

We have good neighbors up and down the street, but we do not get to talk with our neighbors very often. I think we probably don’t want to be seen as a bother, so we don’t call our go to their house.

            What events happened yesterday: sitting around in the homestead doing nothing but watching the TV, got to be very boring. Yesterday I went out back and decided to remove any dead stuff from the black berries thinking, I had done this before so there should not be much to remove. I also wanted to stay out of the sun as I worked. Well, I got started and found there were more dead items than I had thought. It took a while but I got all that I could see, and I also removed two sun flower plants that had been growing in one of the beds.

            During the process I had observed some deposits of Poopa-Loopa in the yard so I decided to attempt to remove it. As I worked on the Poopa-Loopa I noticed a few sticks in the yard from the recent heavy winds, so I removed them. 

            I have had a problem with a lock so I decided to replace it with another lock that has been locked onto the chain link fence for a few years. I found it interesting that I could remember where that lock was since I have not used it for years. I unlocked it and took it to the shed where I decided to put some oil on it to help it work. During the oiling process I thought, why not try some oil on the other lock that I was having problems with. Adding oil to both locks allowed them to work much better, so the lock that had not been working easily, is now working easily, so it got to stay in service. I think the other lock is now on the bench in the shed.

The other day during the short wind storm and rain, a big flower secured to a heavy wooden homemade stool turned over. I think the heavy flower and stool had been leaning some, which made it easier for the wind to blow it over. I need to work on that today. The wind also blew over a flower pot on the driveway too. We were thankful for the rain but not so much for the wind.

            Today’s events: Alex’s football game is moved up from Thursday to today. This is an away game near Dallas and we will not be going. We like going to his games but that is a long way for an ole person to drive for a game.

            I need to get the gas out of the tiller and the bent shaft weed eater, as they will not be used for a while. I don’t like to leave gas in a motor for too long as it can clog things up. I need to try and determine how I want to approach the acorns in the grass this year, in other words, “how to get them out of the grass.” Maybe I can con the grandkids to remove the acorns.

            Well, I need to get out of here and head to Alex’s house and get him to school on time and safe. We hope you have a very good day and stay safe in all you do.

Berry bush butcher.

Senior ole person who don’t work enough and then works too much, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: