Translate

Friday, September 13, 2024

September 13, 2024

            It is Friday the 13th, we hope that does not take away from you and I having a good morning.

Plans for today: get Alex and Gabi to school on time and safe. Back at home I might check and tighten all the bolts in the swing that we use when sitting outside.

I might get on the ole ladder and replace the PE control, that turns the light over the driveway on and off, and while I am up there see what size bulb is in the light. It is blinking so it could be the bulb or control.

I also need to finish watering the potted plants, I was watering them yesterday when my favorite wife informed me it was 4:20, and we need to get ready for the Football game, so I did not get done watering.

A few minutes ago, I looked at the clock that is on the shelf above my computer and it showed 7:15, that meant I have 15 minutes before heading over to get the kids for school. Then I looked at the Alexa that sits on my desk, and it indicated 7:35am. Surprised I grabbed my phone and looked at it and it was 7:35, I was late. I called Alex and headed for their home. I did get them to school on time and safe. (The clock on the shelf needs a battery, or is it, Friday the 13th.)

Yesterday’s events: The freshmen game ended with a score of 14 to 8, Midway won. Alex was on the offensive line in the third quarter when midway made their first touchdown for the year. After the game we went to a local restaurant to get a late supper, we drove around the parking lot looking for a spot close to the door, we found none, after a couple times around the lot we decided to head for home. At home we sat outside enjoying each other’s company.

The neighbor’s grand kids were outside, the girl who is maybe 8 years old was trying to learn how to ride her bike. Her little brother who might be 4 years ole has a bike and it had training wheels. I went over to ask their grandmother a question as to how her husband’s bumper got damaged, when the little boy came running to me and gave me a big hug. There is nothing better than an unexpected hug.

I have a flower blooming photo, for my enjoyment.


 
            I thought the single yellow bloom against all the large green leaves made a good photo.

The rest of my evening was spent in bed sleeping.

Well, I guess I will stop for now. We hope you have a good day and that everyone stays safe in all we do.

Friday the 13th.

Senior ole person who has a couple things to do, will he do them? Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: