Translate

Monday, September 2, 2024

September 2, 2024

            Good morning to you and we hope you are going to have a good Labor Day. I plan to do my best this Labor Day but I will not attempt to labor all day, just this morning. I need to mow the front yard so I will be laboring for part of the day. I wonder why they don’t have a, “rest for the labor’s day?”

            Yesterday’s report: my favorite wife decided to put out the fall decorations in the front yard, and that allowed me to go to the shed and try to find any fall decorations. First, I had to remove several items from the shed like a mower, tiller, table saw and so on, then I looked through the items trying to find fall items that get mixed in with Christmas items. I brought several totes to the drive way where my favorite wife was going through the decorations. She finished about 4:00pm, and I then went to the shed and put all the items back into the shed.

We set out side relaxing from the grueling work as we were talking about neighbors who were leaving town on a 10-day vacation the day after Labor Day, when the phone ring and it was those neighbors asking if we were over the virus, and could they come over and sit a while. We had many conversations about the upcoming trip.

Well, we will be back on schedule tomorrow which means I will get Alex and take him to school. I believe he will have his military clothes on as he is in ROTC. I hope to get a photo of him and if I do, I will post it the next day.

I need to water the potted plants and then get started mowing so I will say, “have a good labor day and stay safe in all you do.

Lawn man Don.

Senior ole labor person who is happy he can still labor some, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: