Translate

Thursday, July 30, 2026

July 30, 2026

                Good morning from us to you, we hope all have a good day.

                As I set here trying to think about yesterday and I don’t think I did anything, if I did want was it? I took Alex to school for his orchestra practice and then I returned home and rested for about 10 minutes, I was enjoying my cup of coffee from the Star coffee place. After the coffee rest I forced my ole senior body to get up and head out back with the thought I might be able to mow the back 40 (aka back yard).

                I was able to get the riding mower out and check the tire pressure, check the oil and add gas. Wow, it was ready to mow so I crawled onto the mower and began the task. I mowed all I could and I decided the next time we mow we will mow one inch higher.

                I then got the string trimmer out and trimmed everything. The mowing and trimming completed which took about 2 hours in the heat, I was able to drag my ole body into the house where I took a shower. Ole body cleaned, I then headed to school to get Alex and take him home. I dropped him off at his home and then I did get lunch and bring it home to my favorite wife.

                Lunch completed we were able to rest for a while before heading out back to wash the dog. I have a photo of the back 40 with the two benches set up where we will wash the pot hound.

                When my favorite wife and I had finished the wash job we headed for the chairs on the driveway where we sat and rested. There were no drones flying over yesterday and our conversations were again along the lines of olden days.

                Today I need to take Alex to school for the ROTC meeting and then get him and a friend home after school. I also must take the dog to the vet at 2:30. If that all goes well, we will then go out to supper.

                Well, I need to rest from all this data entry, we pray that you have a blessed day and that we all stay safe in all we do. Keep family and friends in your prayers.

                Donnie the Ford  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Ford, I thought of you the other day when I learned a new fact regarding the apostles of Jesus. I did not realize that following his death that the apostles scattered across the globe to spread the word. (Ethiopia, India, Great Britain, certainly the Mediterranean) I never realized how vast of an area they traveled.